AS OF 8AM ET, 12/16/2020 WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS. We currently have no available dogs and any dogs that do become available will be matched with one of our 140 already approved applicants. Sorry for any inconvenience.
We will reevaluate this situation 2/1/2021.
We will announce when we are able to open adoption applications back up.
We are National
National, in this case, means we do NOT have a brick and mortar facility. Instead our Board,
Officers, Volunteers and Foster Homes are located
all across the USA.
OUR COL. POTTER UMBRELLA HAS EXPANDED
You know Col. Potter has always been a Cairn/Cairn-mix/Terrier rescue. Well, we recently opened up our umbrella to include Australian Terriers, Border Terriers, Miniature Schnauzers, Norfolk Terriers, Norwich Terriers, Scottish Terriers and West Highland White Terriers; and mixes thereof, as we found ourselves bringing in these pure bred pups and mixes regularly. So to try to help in saving as many little lives as possible we have become more diverse. Sadly, we cannot help every dog that needs saving, but in many cases when we see a shelter photo or stray photo or even at times, owner surrender photo, they sure look like one of our terrier breeds (or mixes) to us. So our 'ever vigilant' Intakes Team will bring them in, whenever possible, and they will become Col. Potter Kids, just like only Cairns and Cairn mixes did in the past.
ALL OUR CURRENT FUNDRAISERS
JUST CLICK THE CAIRN'S TONGUE AND YOU'RE THERE!!!
Proud members of GUIDESTAR
Click the star!
Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network (CPCRN) was formed for:
- The charitable purpose of rescuing purebred Cairn Terriers, which are homeless or soon to be homeless
- Without limitation those found in animal shelters or released by their families for a variety of reasons. Also those Cairn Terriers and Cairn Terrier mixes who have been used as breeding stock by so called puppy mills and backyard breeders.
- Facilitate the pick up and transport of these dogs.
- Arrange for spay/neuter and all appropriate veterinary care.
- Rehabilitating these dogs in foster homes.
- Seeking applications for and screening prospective adoptive homes
- Education the public about responsible Cairn Terrier care and ownership.
Are there Angels Among Us?
Oh YES there are! We have our little furry ones that we call angels (sometimes), and we have the angels that truly watch over us from above. We have people that collect angels, and we have angels, TRUE ANGELS, that give of their time and money to help support our little furry ones that have special medical needs
DONATE TO BECOME A GUARDIAN ANGEL