COL. POTTER CAIRN RESCUE NETWORK CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT
As Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network (CPCRN) experiences fast and tremendous growth, we find ourselves needing an ever-growing number of volunteers to handle that growth. We couldn't find forever homes for our Cairns and Terrier mixes without these volunteer efforts in every phase of our operation. Our growth has also made us painfully aware of the need to put some policies and procedures in place to protect the integrity and security of our organization. To that end, we have implemented this confidentiality agreement that we are asking all volunteers in key positions to sign. We hope you understand the need for this, and we appreciate your cooperation in accepting and signing the terms of this agreement.
All volunteers in key positions with CPCRN should understand the critical importance of carefully maintaining the confidentiality of all information to which we have access. This is extremely important and cannot be stressed enough. Obviously, this means we don't share any information, whatsoever, that we obtain in the process of our volunteer roles. This includes anyone not affiliated with CPCRN (including other rescues) or anyone working within CPCRN that is not involved in the particular function of rescue that you do. If someone else with another "job" needs access to particular information, please have them contact the Board at 2020-Board-CPCRN@groups.io, to obtain the information needed, and you will be obligated to ask them to do so.
As a protection for our organization, a protection for the volunteer, and due to a possible conflict of interest, any volunteer holding a management and/or key position that has access to corporate files and records with CPCRN, is prohibited from holding a management and/or key position with any other Cairn Rescue group. Unfortunately, there can be no exceptions to this policy. This does not prohibit any volunteer from fostering, transporting or providing financial support through donations to another group.
Additionally, this means we only use the obtained information for the specific purpose for which we've been given access. For example, you would not use the information on any CPCRN Group list and share this same information on CRM or with other rescue or dog placement lists or groups unless this is a specific responsibility that you have been given. You will be working very closely with many aspects of CPCRN management that contain confidential information, such as foster home information, applicant information and adoption information. This information is intended for CPCRN key volunteer personnel only.
1. Any information gathered for use within Col. Potter is property of Col. Potter and cannot be shared with any other rescue organization without written permission from the Board of Directors of Col. Potter.
2. Any contact information dealing with Foster Homes/Adoptive Homes/Transport Volunteers is the property of Col. Potter and cannot be shared with any other rescue organization without written permission from the Board of Directors of Col. Potter.
3. Any contact information regarding Veterinarians, Breeder contacts, Puppy Mill Auction contacts is the property of Col. Potter and cannot be used outside of Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network.
4. All information gathered for use within Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network will be filed in Col. Potter group files and shared with appropriate Teams.
5. You are bound by this confidentiality agreement should you choose to leave Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network. All information is property of Col. Potter Cairn Rescue and you may not share or use any information after you leave Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network.
If any CPCRN Officer and/or Board member are made aware of a breach of this agreement, you will be removed immediately from any CPCRN group, and your membership in CRM can be terminated as well, without notification or forewarning.
I have read, understand, and agree to fully respect the confidentiality of the CPCRN records and information to which I have access, and to use that information only to carry out my assigned roles within CPCRN.
By e-signing below, this will become a legal and binding document.